Monday, March 30, 2009

Spinning out of Control, Tumbling under Control

I took over all laundry responsibilities about 15 months ago. Since then, the washer’s cycle has been branded into my mind. No way would I ever pull a load of shirts out of the Maytag after the “wash” phase had been completed. There are still “rinse” and “spin” to pass through before transferring them over to the dryer. This month, I have gone through a “laundry cycle” within my soul. It spun around like this:

My heart acknowledged a good desire

That birthed a wonderful dream

That fostered a strong determination

That mutated into an impatient demand

That sank me into hopeless desperation

That led me back to chastened dependence

Upon the Author of My Dream

Thus, another load of my soul’s laundry is done.
Apparently, it does “come out in the wash” after all.

No comments: