Sunday, March 22, 2009

A friend at mid-century

As you age, you have more chance to reflect on the faithfullness of the Father. During this season of upheaval I have often given thanks for the length and depth of the frienships that God has given me as I have walked with him as a follower for 35 years now.


Paul and Lynn Leary have stood with me for days at every Urbana missions conference since 1993, for months as we walked Nancy Home, and for almost twenty years since they joined WHM.


They remain good and true friends in the weeks since I began journeying solo, praying, counseling, encouraging and welcoming me as I walked through the valley of grief and begin the tricky ascent toward the hills of hope.


Last night we gathered to celebrate Paul's 50th birthday. Food, beverage, laughter and memories resounded in their Wyncote home. Quietly, in my heart, I rejoiced. Most of the wealth HE has given me has come through friends.

No comments: