Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'll Never Walk Alone

Yesterday provided the first strong hints of spring. The temperature climbed to around 70 and buds were visible on trees. So a friend and I set out on a hike. The trail took us down a ridge to the edge of the Susquehanna River. After viewing some marvelous rock formations we completed the loop back up to the top of the ridge. We took turns challenging, cautioning, pushing, and shoving one another along the path. By the time we were back to the start we were winded but exhilarated by the adventure.

Along the trek, I realized that HE had given me another picture of the way out of the valley of grief. I will never complete this ascent alone. I need folks who can carry me up the steep parts of the hill. But if I keep walking, HE will provide those buddies. Like the one who helped me yesterday.

PS. The view from the top was worth the climb!

No comments: