Friday, March 6, 2009

A Few More Steps Upward

You don't realize that you are climbing out of the valley the day you begin. It is only now that I can look back and see that the ascent seems to have begun.

How do you know when those steps have been taken? My first signpost came with the realization that the present and future filled my mind more often then the past. Then I started to find joy, real joy in being in groups. Then I experienced the energy to comfort someone else who was sad and confused. A friend's prayers that each day would include laughter was answered yesterday as I overwhelmed a staff meeting with a spasm that sucked the air out the room. Tonight I look forward to exploring a new trail on the weekend.

Do I understand this path I am on? Not by much. But it is nice to feel the wind at my back at least for now.

No comments: