Friday, March 13, 2009

Climbing Up, Glancing Back

I face "crosswinds" climbing out of the valley. Each step brings new hope, new affirmation, new friendship, new possibilities. But each one of those steps also requires giving myself permission to listen, laugh and love rather than endlessly replay the dirges of sorrow. I must remind myself that neither surgery, nor chemo, nor home infusion, nor prayer changed Nancy's destination point on the journey. So, no amount of our tears, or memories, or wishes could place her back by my side again. And why would she want to leave HIS house for mine?


Yesterday's path took me to embrace a young missionary, to pray for survivor's courage for Leah, KJ and Josh, and to relish the taste of a Guiness in an Irish pub! (Okay, it was in West Chester, not Rathfarnham; but the furniture came from Eire.) The climb continues. I am thankful for refreshment along the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and Guinness was a good choice>:-)

domandkat said...

Pardon the spelling - Dom's not here to spell check:

Slandjeh, my friend!