Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let HIM Love You

This road can get awfully noisy sometimes. Perhaps there is more static buzzing around me since I began to feel I was climbing out of the valley. I get snatches of advice, and encouragement from those who observe my journey. All good stuff. And yet, it is so easy to lose focus, get confused by the chorus of words and to wonder what my calling is at this stage of the journey.

At one of the day's "meltdown moments" I reflected on the words a respected but wounded Christian leader shared at a meeting I attended this week. He reminded us that Mother Teresa once told a troubled brother:

"Your calling is to let Jesus love you
And to love others out of the overflow of his love!"

Today as I try to keep climbing, I remember that it is time to stop and let My Older Brother love me, so that I can once more leak his love unto those around me. Do you need to pause at this point, too? Join me for 30 seconds as we contemplate the height and depth and width of HIS affection for HIS kids.

1 comment:

seasand5 said...

pausing with you, Dan