Monday, March 9, 2009

A Day to Share the Dream

Monday morning of A&O Week we try to let our candidates get to know WHM. That means that I walk the folks through the birth and development of our movement. They hear about Jack whose vision propelled us into the fields. They hear that God has built that vision into a movement that has grown around the world. They hear about how my dad's wheat crops prepared me to follow Jack in gathering Kingdom Crops. They hear about how Nancy and I chased a dream together for 33 years. And this day they saw my tears---for just a second. My intent was to show them that they also follow a Faithful God who will sustain them as they pursue their dreams.

Some of them informally heard of the new path I am on. And they seemed gladdened that an older brother is still willing to reach for a dream even as he climbs out a deep valley. Where will these dreams take any of us? Tonight I rejoice that The Giver of Good Dreams knows.

1 comment:

domandkat said...

Say hi to the Hoekmans for us!