Thursday, April 30, 2009

Boys Night Out

Last night Josh and I went to see the Phillies play Washington. This was our first exclusive father/son trip to the ballpark in a couple of seasons. We were hoping to see Chase and the boys win their sixth straight against a hapless Nationals Nine. But after a 1st inning home run by Shane Victorino our bats fell silent. The home team lost 4-1. So, we experienced a disappointing outcome.


On the other hand, a baseball game is a wonderful platform to spend time with someone you love. Josh and I spent time discussing many topics including:


  1. Grant request proposals
  2. My love for preaching
  3. Blogging
  4. Spending time helping Roger arrive Home
  5. Josh's sisters
  6. My future
  7. Buying a house while interests rates are low and government incentives are in place
  8. My financial planner's confidence I can retire sometime even after the meltdown.
  9. Chris Coste's hitting slump
  10. Movies like "You've Got Mail" and "The Dark Knight."

Disappointing night? Not hardly. I was with my son who has become quite a man. No--the outcome was more than I could ever expected and far more than I deserve---but for HIS unfailing love.

1 comment:

Leah said...

oh great...so you were talking about me.