Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Day at the Ballpark

I can never NOT remember baseball. The Pirates broke my heart in 1960 when they beat the Yankees in 7 games. A baseball game could get me out of farm work as I grew up. Later my dad and I reconnected by following the KC Royals as I came of age in my 20's. Now Josh and I are bonded by the same love. And -like many American men and some American women--I secretly suspect I could manage a Big League team if given a chance.

Last Christmas the kids gave me a partial season ticket plan to the Phillies this season. How cool was that? Today I attended my first game. Watching the team get their World Series rings was nice. But what made this day really special was the Phils' 8 run comeback in the bottom of the 7th inning. It suggested that sometimes the late innings can be pretty exciting. That's a hopeful thought for a guy in his 50's still climbing his way out of the valley.

1 comment:

Becky Wilson said...

Great observation!! Helps us live with a sense of expectation and hope. Thanks, Dan.