Tuesday, April 21, 2009

work, walk, wait

Climbing, Climbing, Climbing.

That is the picture of this spring. Oh, there have been some wonderful views along the way. Rock formations, stair steps, sunsets, passed balls, paintings and partnerships dot the landscape. Still I have this sense of not being at a settled place. So, I continue the laundry, the early shopping, the new ways of relating that mark this season. I can't slip back, so the ascent continues. The "wins" come frequently these days. Some are as simple as laundering sweaters for the first time, others are too special to publish here. I catch glimpses of new and exciting vistas and want to press on to those new callings. But even these new adventures require a kind of retooling yet to be finished.


Of course, there is more than one misstep as I journey ahead. I absorb the advice, the questions, even the corrections of others along the trail. I am learning that rebuilding a life includes a strange combination of working very hard, and waiting as others process the direction of my climb. Pray that I can keep all this in balance.

No comments: