Wednesday, October 22, 2008

drowning the din

Two weeks ago at the WHM leadership retreat Hunter Dockery reminded us the march of the Redeemer in history is the restoration of order to a chaotic universe. The last week or so I have heard the din from my internal chaos , have acted in chaotic fashion, and feel unable to restore order to my soul. Returning to work structures the day, but the chorus of chaos builds after 5pm. That din can drive me in a score of crazy directions better left unmentioned. I miss Nancy's soothing presence in my life and in our house most at night, the time when I am no longer Dan the Missions Mobilizer.

In the last week I have reached out to a couple of wise brothers to help me think through how to bring order to some of this chaos. Meanwhile, KJ and I have enjoyed some very sweet time together as well. But I know that I must learn to listen more intently. For that still, small voice. The One that says, "I am with you always, even to end of the age." Pray the HE blows the wax out of my ears.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Dan, Praying for you in this time of adjustment. I wish it were a speedier process... Thank you for the gift of your blogging and for the link to the service! Love, Bev

Cindy Nore said...

Dan, I know I have not written in quite a while, but I want you to know I always read your posts and keep you daily in my prayers. I think my own emotional struggles still seem so overwhelming that I almost didn't know what to say to you; I didn't want the very slow progress I have made 8 months after having Jess go Home to be discouraging, so I couldn't think of much to say that might make you feel better. But then I realized as I read your note today that maybe just telling you that I totally understand that "chorus of chaos" might be just enough to at least help you not feel so alone. The evenings and unstructured weekends are my roughest times too, and I pray that you would feel some order and peace in your soul in the days ahead. I was so encouraged by your last post about the great cloud of witnesses; it helped renew my desire to make Jess proud of how I am running the race towards her, towards Him, towards Home. You and your family are daily in my prayers. With love - Cindy

Anonymous said...

Praying for calm. Sending lots of love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dan,

I too continue to read your
posts -- always so blessed by your gift for the written word.

Keep writing -- the family of faith will continue lifting you up in prayer as you continue this journey.

Best,

Kimberly Smith