Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Down for the Count?

I just exchanged a couple of emails with a friend who is also walking a hard path through the valley of grief. He described his last few years as a boxing match. Each loss feels like another round in the ring. Doug then pointed to 2 Corinthians 4:8, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

Right now, as I grieve the recent past, endure some funky symptoms in the present, and await the next round of doctor's visits in the future, I feel like I am "on the canvas." Pray that He will help me get back on my feet. The contest is not over.

4 comments:

Ger said...

Brother, yes you are a champ, Why? because A champion knows when He is on the mat, He needs to draw on the strength of what he knows. That is that You have THE CHAMPION that went before you. I am praying that you will continue to recall this. GOD hear my Brother and carry Him with Your Strong arms.

Ger.

Rob and Mary said...

Holding you up today in prayer. Mary

domandkat said...

I remember when my dad died: about 3 months afterwards, my mom went in for back surgery - a herniated disk or somesuch and I had the worst case of sciatica I've ever experienced.

I think sometimes our bodies grieve as well as the rest of us...

Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Dan, Praying for you as you face another trial and testing (PSA count)in the midst of the ongoing trial of grief, loneliness and disorientation. May the God who holds you close let you know it,
Nancy Snyder