Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rejoicing with Others and Running Along

As many of you know, I live in a fairly "dano-centric" universe. Although the line, "But enough about me. What do you think about me?" was not written for me, it fits me. In other words I tend to focus on how events impact ME.

So MY normal biopsy naturally led to a sigh of relief on my own behalf. But then the weirdest thing followed. Last night I found myself giving thanks for the blessing this news is to others. I was thankful that my children aren't encountering another parent with cancer. I gave thanks that many folks who prayed were encouraged to hear this answer. I rejoiced that my closest prayer partner in this journey had experienced the power of two agreeing together in Jesus' Name.


Somehow my immense relief brought this reminder: my life is meant to be a blessing to others. And then I recalled Paul's conclusion in Philippians 1 that if he lived it was for those he served. Yep, this "all clear" brings a mandate to love and bless those nearby.

Meanwhile. I got several comments and personal messages about my desire to run through the daisies. I think I found a field. Now if I can find my running shoes........



No comments: