Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Prop Me Up

Reading through the Bible reminds me of reconnecting with old friends. Today I revisited the battle Israel fought against the Amalekites in Exodus 17. Remember the battle went well as long as Moses kept his arms raised to the Lord. But then his strength flagged. Aaron and Hur then gathered around him to keep his arms extended until the battle was won.

"Sounds great!" I decided this morning. I needed folks to come around me and hold my arms up as I face the biopsy on Wednesday and a chapel talk at Westminster Seminary on Thursday. Fortunately, our staff team gathered around me for prayer this morning. Meanwhile, another friend has prayed with me daily as I head into this test. In such moments my fear is replaced with another's faith. Such moments remind me that we don't fight alone. We are surrounded by the legions who also wander toward the Promised Land.

3 comments:

CS said...

Praying.

Cognitive Dissonance said...

My arms are outstretched in support of you and your family.

Bethany said...

Praying for you right now!