Monday, February 16, 2009

Let's Skip the Next Few Scenes

Recently a friend and I were trying to work through a thorny issue. We were at a painful and frightening place. "I wish God would just hit Fast Forward," my friend exclaimed. I got spiritual and replied that I was just glad that He wouldn't hit "rewind."

Clever? Maybe. But I am really the one who always gets impatient. As I face this next series of medical tests I want HIM to hit "Fast Forward." I also want to write the ending. The next scene would clearly conclude: "No Cancer."

I can neither control the pace of the next few days nor the outcome of Wednesday's biopsy. So, I rest on the One I know to be both Good and Wise. And I ask HIM to keep me patient and keep me well. How I wish I could take possession of the remote. But He loves me too much to let that happen.

1 comment:

domandkat said...

It's situations like this that keep reminding me that God is the creator of roller-coasters. We love AND hate them, but keep going back for more. We are never in control, but that's part of the thrill of it... Still, I hold on for dear life! and will be here too-