Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Night Fights of Faith

Friday night with Tedster and the movie Apollo 13. The house is pretty silent and it is unlikely a party is going to break out. A bit mellow and bittersweet to be sure. But not entirely "empty."

I SIT HERE: Warmed by the love I saw between KJ and Leah this week. Amazed to see how much Jonah has grown. Glad that HE sustained me through a chapel talk in which I felt the tanks run dry five minutes before I sat down. Thankful HE showed up today and gave us some new ideas for a project that had stalled at work. Blessed by a friend who talks to me every night and then prays against the terror I feel while awaiting biopsy results.

Here in 319 it has felt like winter for years now. A long winter but no Christmas in this house has dragged on far too long. Still, Daylight Savings Time is only a week or so away, the first hint of spring. Could this be a season of health and new beginnings? Or another like the false spring of 2008? Tonight I long for fresh starts and all clears. For true spring. I can only lean on the goodness of the One who promises us The Ultimate Sign of Spring: The Resurrection.

Join me in praying for good news next week. I want to run through a few fields of daisies once the spring is under way. Aslan is on the Move. So, we can expect the flowers to bloom.

2 comments:

Leah said...

It was great to be with you, KJ and Teddie Lou this week. I am praying for you Dad.

words and streets said...

You have a pretty amazing family Dan. I'll be joining in on the pray-er's, too.