Monday, September 29, 2008

Back in the sadddle

I still know how to turn on my computer, I found the refrigerator for my lunchtime salad, and I remembered all the names of the Sending Center staff. Thus, it was a successful first day back in the saddle.

Seriously, this evening I read an article on grief my friend David Powlison had sent me. He discussed how sin often follows "curving in ourselves." The sadness of mourning can leave us vulnerable to selfish preoccupation if left unchecked. Sitting alone in the house is good for a season. But prolonged seclusion does tend to take me deep inside myself. So, it was good to be back at work, engaging the cause that consumed Nancy and me for 35 years: the expansion of the Kingdom.

Surely, I limped through the day. I hope to walk again soon. Pray that I walk in HIS footsteps.

8 comments:

Debby GW said...

Thank you Dan for your continued posts. It continues to be good to know how to pray for you. Debby

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,

I agree...thank you for continuing to use your writing gifts to keep us apprised -- so we know how to pray for you.

Blessings,

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Finally got to read again. thanks dad. we love you and we are praying for you!

HappyAndersons said...

We are praying, you're a very strong person even though you may not feel strong at the moment. The Lord will be your strength day to day.
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Yay, Dan! So glad to hear that you made it through today. Praying for continued healing. This blog is a daily highlight and encouragement to me!

Wendy said...

Dearest Dan, I'm in a journey with another dear friend which is taking her down a path of battling cancer. I've not known how it felt to be this tender, this bone tired in a long time. We are only 2 months and 2 weeks into her treatments and early July seems like a decade away. All this to say, it fuels my prayers for you in a different way. I'm sorry that we weren't physically closer to you guys through the last 9 months. Please know our home is yours and that Ger can head up for a visit with little notice to you. We are for you and love you. He is ever present, but we love that we can flesh out His love in the form of brief visits or long ones. Get a lift with Jerry Kimbro and join us for the Global Impact Conf in October (24-26) It's a pretty time of year to be in the south.
W

Rebecca said...

I love you Dan!! Still praying here in Lancaster. Will continue to pray for you for the rest of your/my life. Glad you're "Back in the saddle". xo

Rob and Mary said...

Glad to hear you are back at work and are doing ok there. Thinking and praying.
Mary