Monday, September 8, 2008

The Next Leg of the Journey

So, KJ and I woke up Sunday morning with nobody else in the house but us. The Demars family had left on Saturday in the midst of tropical storm Hannah. That fit the mood. The end of all this public grieving brings us toward a more private period of sorrow. And a change in the nature of the journey.

This blog perhaps should not have been called danandnancysjourney. While I gave myself top billing I came to see that Nancy was blazing the trail on this adventure. I was merely following behind trying to describe it.

Now, though, she is resting from her role as pacesetter, and I will try to catch up in time. Pray for me as I try to make that adjustment. Once again I am reminded that the True Pacesetter is the One labeled the Pioneer and Perfecter of our faith in Hebrews 12:1. Ask HIM to help me keep HIM in sight as I stumble along.

4 comments:

Cognitive Dissonance said...

brother we all are stumbling through this thing we call life. If not for the grace of God we would cease to exist. I will pray for you and me, that we would live the days we are given to their fullest and to always keep focused on what truly matters.

Eric

CS said...

We are thinking of you a lot in these difficult days as the strangeness of Nancy's not being there sets in. I don't know if it helps to hear from Hudson Taylor and his struggle ater his wife's death:

"How I missed my dear wife... Then it was I understood why the Lord had made that passage [the following] so real to me, 'Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give them shall never thirst.' Twenty times a day, perhaps, as I felt the heart-thirst coming back, I cried to Him, 'Lord, you promised! You promised me that I should never thirst.'

And whether I cried to Him by day or night, how quickly He came and satisfied my sorrowing heart. So much so that I often wondered whether it were possible that my loved one who had been taken could be enjoying more of His presence than I was.."

Oh, how we wish and pray for this experience for you guys.

Cindy Nore said...

I will be praying daily for you, KJ, and all those family and friends who mourn Nancy's Earthly absence and the loss of daily interactions with her. As you enter the private period of sorrow, as you so aptly call it, it is my prayer that God would in supernatural ways reassure you of His love, His comfort, and Nancy's total joy in Heaven. One of Jessica's professors wrote in a letter that during her life, "Jessica's faith was issued forth in actions, and when others take up her actions, her faith lives on, her faith still issues, we become one of her actions. We are still toiling in the vineyard, and there is much more to be done." I thought of Nancy last night in the context of those words, and how her faith is continuing to issue forth in actions as you and your family continue to walk in faith, despite the overwhelming sorrow. I pray too that as God heals your very broken heart, you will be given a fresh vision of the impact that your faith has already had and will continue to have for Kingdom purposes. It has been a very brave thing to maintain this post, and I know Nancy is proud and honored that you have done so. God bless - Cindy

Anonymous said...

lifting you guys up...