Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dont Send flowers!

Today I decided that staging a funeral is lots of work. I found myself glad for the extra days mandated by the state due to the long weekend. We were busy with cemetery, housecleaning, hospitality coordination and reviewing pictures and plans. Don't get me wrong, it was a labor of love. Furthermore, it kept us busy; working in the midst of grief felt good, it felt right, and it felt like we are completing some of the last steps of the journey of loving Nancy.

Leah, Anne, KJ, Chris and Josh have been amazing the last few months. They have plowed ahead amidst their pain and fatigue in a way that honors Nancy and me AND glorifies HIM. During Nancy's illness, we often stopped to exclaim, "We have awesome kids." STILL DO!!

Like I say, don't send flowers....Instead, if you wish to honor Nancy's memory, you can send donations to either:


CityNet Ministries
PO Box 35189
Philadelphia, PA 19128
Designated for Ark Art

(Nancy loved children and this fund will help to ignite the creative gifts of inner city kids.)

World Harvest Mission
101 West Ave Suite 305
Jenkintown PA 19046
Designated for Cluj Ministry Fund

(She also loved Europe. This fund will expand efforts to reflect God's glory through creative ministry in Romania among the artistic community)

Tomorrow we move to the public events that mark Nancy's homecoming with the evening viewing. Please pray!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dan and family,
The LORD said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But, you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen." Exodus 33
With love, Bill and Charlotte

Unknown said...

Dear Dan and family,
We have been thinking of you and praying and have been so blessed by this blog. I do appreciate the emotional energy that has gone into writing at the end of some long days for both you and Nancy. Please know that there are many of us scattered around the world who would love to be with you in the next few days to celebrate Nancy's life and testimony, but we will have to wait to hug you all. Until then, we love you and pray that Jesus gives you all you need for the days ahead. Bev

CS said...

You and Nancy DO have awesome kids -- they're a wonderful tribute to you both. We so wish we could be with all of you on Wednesday and Thursday but we will be as we pray -- you are never far from our thoughts these days. Love, Chase & Sha

Laura said...

Praying for you still, and for your kids and grandkids.

Laura Morgan

Anonymous said...

Covenant Missions Team is praying with and for you during this time.

Anonymous said...

Dan: I can't begin to know how difficult it must be to lose your soulmate, but am certain that no one who hasn't experienced such a loss can understand what it's like.
I'm so sorry, my brother. No one reading your blog could miss your tenderness toward and abiding love for Nancy. Your solicitous and attentive concern for her welfare was so obvious and, to me, served as a powerful witness to how a husband ought to love his wife. I thank you for that object lesson from 1 Corinthians 13. I continue to pray for you and your family. May all your memories of Nancy be illuminated with the keen realization that our heavenly Father's plans are perfect and that there is fullness of joy in the presence of the Lord.


For Christ's glory, Vince Kasper

Anonymous said...

Dear Dan and family,
Gene and I have been praying for you and Nancy much. Now we continue to pray for you as you face life's challenges without her. It will be different, new, strange,empty and yet our Lord has said He will take us with His hand and hold us tight helping us along the way. Praise God. We have good memories of you two in Spain. Love,Gene and Ginny List