Thursday, May 28, 2009

Speculations at Dusk

It's Thursday night. My sinuses are throbbing. Teddie and I are hanging out alone. And I start speculating about a different kind of life.

  • What it would be like to live a life without suffering?
  • What would it be like not to fear?
  • Never to be alone?
  • Never to have to say goodbye to someone you love?
  • Never to have to wait to realize a dream?
  • Never to worry?
  • Never to fail?
  • Never to know sickness?

Yeah, then I return to reality. To the knowledge that each of these discomforts have driven me to seek HIS face with passion and urgency. And I reluctantly thank HIM for this hard path.

And ask HIM to come. Soon. But not 'til I learn to rejoice in all circumstances.

1 comment:

domandkat said...

Here I sit as the Relay for Life teams walk in the park next to us, and I've just got off the phone with a college friend of mine who in his late 40s has cancer that somehow got from his eye as a melanoma 10 years ago, been cancer free all that time, now has it spread to his liver and NO TREATMENT is to be found. Not even clinical trials - his blood work isn't right. Has four kids the oldest being 15. Don't know if he'll still be around in early July when I know we can go visit. Has all us friends freaked out! It's really difficult to know how to deal with this other than pray for him and his family...