Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finding Second Gear

The transmission of my soul has never had a "middle gear." I can remain in neutral, putter along in first, or go flat out.

When I see the road that is opening in front of me, I want to go 75 miles per hour. Since this part of the journey involves a course full of bumps, curves and uncharted terrain, I have to "proceed with prudence." In other words, I should find a middle gear.

Some days that feels tough. But a Tim Keller sermon recently reminded me that joy is found in yielding control to HIM. Thus, I must follow his directions at His time toward His future. But, O Lord, I so want to set my own course and speed. Hold me in check, for my good and Your Glory!

1 comment:

domandkat said...

You make me chuckle. I'm imagining you in heaven on a BMW type motorcycle going down a crystal road at full speed. No police. Cool!