Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Road to Travel

A year ago this morning Nancy woke up with a stabbing shoulder pain and a slight fever. It was the beginning of the end of her fight with cancer. Less than four months later we walked away from her grave. During those months I learned a lot about surrendering the one you love to the care of HIM who knows our greatest good.

How do those lessons impact my life these days? Less than twelve hours ago I had to let go of something I was "banking on" for the greater good of someone I cherish. A few years ago, I might have tried to get my way in such a stiuation through emotion, persuasion, or manipulation. But HE has taught me much about letting go of the small stuff in order to pursue the higher calling. So, gently (if reluctantly) I set aside my agenda and affirmed my friend's courageous decision.

This current path is sometimes confusing and chaotic. But then in an instant it gets real simple. I am called to walk a journey of love.

No comments: