Saturday, May 23, 2009

Risk/Reward Analysis

What if some of the efforts to stay out of the valley don't suceed? What if I stumble and fall along the way? After all, remaining in the valley was somehow safe because it didn't risk failure.

On the other hand, failing to try is failing. Some of my efforts to climb have led me to stumble and fall. Sometimes I crash into someone close by me on the road.Years ago a friend gave us a postcard with these words from Roy Hession:

"Jesus is not shocked at human failure;
rather He is at home in it, drawn by it,
knowing what do do about it,
for He in Himself and in His blood
is the answer to it all."
We often find the healing presence of Jesus in the shape of those He sends. Friends and my kids have been amazing. They have hung, wept with me, prayed for me, and listened to me. They have not left me alone. Together we have found Jesus who is whole and strong in the moments we feel most broken and weak. I am confident that HE will continue to walk beside me toward the future.

No comments: