Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pack up the Moving Van

I shall always remember the valley of tears, the road of mourning and sorrow. That place was my address for months.

Somehow, in mid winter, I began visiting other locations. There were hours spent in the plains of hope, even moments atop the mountains of joy and laughter. You see, when I transversed the valley of Bacca HE made it a place of springs(Ps. 84:6). Then, as I drank from those springs, I gained the strength to pursue new and hopeful paths again. Over time, sitting alone and weeping gave way to smelling the flowers and gazing at the stars.

My journey is now one of hope and opportunity. I am definitely living for the future again. Don't get me wrong; the shadow of the past looms large. I will always miss the friend of my youth. A piece of me has been lost somewhere along that bumpy avenue. But I don't live there any more.

Now I am pursuing a new address. I may even find the street soon. Then I will begin looking at house numbers. What will it look like to go "back to the future?" Who knows, but I am convinced the best is yet to come.

1 comment:

Becky Wilson said...

Wherever He is is Home. So go where He leads, as best as you can discern. He surely is good, all the time, in any and every place. He is good. And as you say, the best is yet to come. I agree. Thank you for faithfully sharing your reflections. We still pray for you and still care and still look to see what He will do in and through your life. And the best is yet to come!