Friday, November 7, 2008

We "tag teamed" the talk

As always happens before a major event. There were challenges to overcome. I awoke to a return of the troubling symptoms. Fortunately, Nancy and I had walked through many such distractions on our way to vineyards. So, we walked to the edge of this pool and dove in.

I am exhausted. Spent. Vulnerable. But it is good to have emptied myself for HIM this day.

Tonight Nancy and I spoke in front of 300 college students. I meant that. Nancy and I spoke because 34 years ago she courageously told me that "God is the Center of my life" on our first date. As Josh said, "she spent 34 years discipling Dad." Nancy and I spoke because this lady who never craved the limelight prayed me through every one of my talks. Nancy and I spoke because our story of HIS faithfulness through the end was part of my exhortation to the students to plunge headlong into the Rivers of God's blessing.

So, what was the impact? I could share a couple of anecdotes, but the fruit of any talk is not really harvested for decades. All in I know is that I gave it everything I had tonight. How could I do less? After all, I was speaking for two! She shaped the words, I just spoke 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After 8 good years of marriage, I pray to be talking about my marriage the way that you do. What a relationship you and Nancy have enjoyed....one to emulate in many ways! Lots of love!