Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pay It Forward

I am still trying to find road signs to get through this long, dark valley. This week I signed up for daily emails from Griefshare.

Day One reminded me that: Grief is the cost of loving someone. Love always comes with a cost. The Father's love to us comes with the cost of HIS son. His grief darkened the heavens before it rolled back the stone.

So, it cost the Father a great deal to empower Nancy to love me. The price of that love is now"paid forward" through my gratitude to HIM for our years together and my willingness to move toward others in sorrow. Right now, I live a life absent of smiles, hugs and prayers with my best friend. But I pay that cost willingly these days. The love HE gave me through Nancy has left me a wealthy man.

No comments: