Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gala Opening

New Life's Cloakroom Gallery opened last night
with an exhibition of Nancy's watercolors.
As I always, I had a few observations to share before the unveiling. I used Hunter's premise that creation flows out of the impulse to bring order to chaos. Nancy's gift for bringing some order to my chaotic self made her the most creative person I will ever know. But more than that, her five most prolific years came as she sorted through her painful childhood. She found a medium for that creative work after our friend Donna invited her to join her at a watercolor class in 1994. Her paintings often reflected the peace she experienced in the presence of the Lord who took her home three months ago.




We are grateful to Ed. He birthed the vision of providing a display area for Christian artists. He skillfully executed that vision. Lastly, a number of friends braved the cold windy Friday night weather to help us celebrate this visual reminder of Nancy's journey.

The exhibition will remain up until after the first of the year. Please feel free to stop by when you are in Glenside!

4 comments:

Cindy Nore said...

Hi Dan - I was so pleased to hear that Nancy's art exhibit and the opening went well. I'm sure it was replete with so many emotions for you. I am praying for you and your family during the holidays and asking God to bear us up in His everlasting arms. Take care - Cindy Nore

Debi Ferrarello said...

Dan, it was wonderful to see Nancy's watercolors. Have you thought of making and selling prints? I would love to hand the first one in my living room and I'm sure I'm not alone. It is powerful.

May God wrap you in his loving embrace and bless you and your family this holiday season. You are in our prayers. Debi Ferrarello

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan -
As I told you in church on Sunday, I have continued to be blessed by your words. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as you continue this journey. I will be praying for you and the family as the holiday season nears.

-andrew poe

Anonymous said...

Dan - we stopped to look and nancy's artwork on the way into timothy's classrom yesterday. we talked about Nancy - the kids remembered praying for her and your family. Timothy decided he liked the boat picture the best. What a great exhibit.We are continuing to pray for you.