Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dinner and Dreams

Progress in this season often comes from reclaiming my place in activities I love. Our WHM recruiting process climaxes in quarterly events called "A&O Week. Tonight we began the last A&O week of 2008 and the first I have done since Nancy went Home.

There were lingering memories of her as we gathered the candidates for dessert, storytelling and prayer. But there was also healing and hope. Nine people told us of their dreams of participating in our work around the world. More people are joining us on the road. I am reminded that the journey goes on, the path leads forward, and there is hope of reaching the other side of the valley.

1 comment:

domandkat said...

I am now always thinking I should bring a can of Crisco with me whenever I get on an airplane...