Monday, December 15, 2008

Anyone Seen Frodo Lately?

Tonight I feel a bit of a kinship with Frodo Baggins. Remember how he had to carry The Ring to the mountains in order to destroy it? I am setting out on a similar quest the next few days. I will try to cast one of the "rings of grief" into a purifying fire.

How will this happen?? I plan to reopen my journals from our fight with cancer over the next few days. My goal will be to transcribe these notes onto my computer. I will work with the notes to see if there is a bigger story to recount than I have thus far shared. This will also help move me a few more steps through the valley of grief. It might result in preparing the story for a wider audience. In other words, I will revisit the question of whether I have a book to write from my journey with Nancy. So, pray for me to listen to Him as I try to move a bit further down the road.

Finally, I will have a test tomorrow to see if my readings will confirm the progress I have observed over the last few weeks. Pray for a lower PSA score and a steady heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll pray for all your mentioned, friend.

Cindy Nore said...

Hi Dan - praying for all your stated needs and those our Father knows of that we might not even think of ourselves. Take care - Cindy Nore