Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Doctors and nurses

Please continue to pray for all the doctors and nurses involved in my care. Today a home infusion nurse will come to remove the needle from my port. (The port is used to infuse fluids and chemo and to draw blood) Tomorrow I will see a Cardiologist. Pray for wisdom in his decision making. And always keep praying for my Oncologist. Pray for wisdom as I am to start another round of chemo next Wed. week. Please please pray I could sleep. I toss and turn, move to different beds. I have a hard time settling. Dan and I figure there are now thousands of people around the world praying for us daily. Warms and encourages my feeble heart. Thank you.

7 comments:

montbretia said...

hi Nancy, i'm coming into Philadelphia for about 4 days-flying from Dublin on the 10th. I would love to stop by and be with you, even for a short time. But only if you're up for it. In reading your latest entries, it seems liike you haven't been up for much of a chat. But if you are, let me know. you can email me at lorain2lucan@gmail.com Love, Karen

Linda M. said...

Nancy --
It is a privilege to pray for you! Thank you for letting us see your testimony of God's faithfulness and your grip on His hand as he leads you. I daily look forward to reading your updates and praying for you and Dan. The Lord is using your suffering to grow us, too.
With love,
Linda

CS said...

What Linda said - we check the blog several times a day, we're so eager to know the latest news and to pray as we can, and we ask others here to pray too. The sleep situation sounds pretty miserable - praying about that especially, and tomorrow's meeting with the cardiologist. Love from Cluj.

HappyAndersons said...

Yes, we're praying daily. I'll pray specifically for your rest.
Much love,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
Found your blog through the Mhyre's paradoxuganda blog. Just want you to know that a family in TN is praying for you, and the requests you share. Lots of love!

words and streets said...

Still praying here. Much love to you. Love, allow

Aileen said...

Nancy and Dan,

I also found your blog through the paradoxuganda blog. Just wanted to let you know our family is also praying for you, we are in Canada. We have a friend who's son is having some medical problems, they have been compiling a book for him with names of people who are praying for him around the world. It has been such a testimony for them about the body of Christ. Since I have been able to see what an encouragement it has been for them to hear of the numerous people who are praying, I thought I would let you know that we are praying for you too! Blessings.