Saturday, August 9, 2008

33 years and counting!

Our Anniversary




Memories have cascaded over me today like water over Niagara falls.
  • The rehearsal dinner at the Holiday Inn. My dad was so proud to host the event.

  • Breakfast with my groomsman Dennis at IHOP--he paid!
  • Donning that colorful tux with the frilly dress shirt--we were were styling!!

  • My brother Garry forbidding me to put on any more cologne after my third application. I wasn't tense was I?

  • My beautiful bride walking down that long, long aisle.
  • Speaking the vows we composed for the occasion.
  • Jenny Carns singing "The Wedding Song" and Gary Bailey singing "Let us Climb the Hill Together"
  • Nancy couldn't get the ring over my knuckle. I jammed it on after the ceremony and couldn't get it off for four months.
  • A reception in the fellowship hall at Village Church with cake, punch and mints, but the cross and rings decoration was missing from the top of the cake-our first tense moment as a married couple.
  • The powder blue leisure suit I wore going away. Why did I ever part with it?

  • Driving away in our '69 Mustang, headed for the 4 Seasons Resort on the Lake of the Ozarks.



We had no idea where that journey would take us, but today we agreed that our road has been happier, harder, richer, more rewarding than we could have ever imagined in 1975. It has taken us overseas, through parenting and now grandparenting, and now down this current avenue of illness. But because HE is our Captain I know that the best part of the journey lies ahead.

6 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary!

Praying for you:)
Brad and Stacey

CS said...

Happy, happy anniversary you two! Praying for a much better week ahead than last week.

Anonymous said...

Wow Dan, you look just like Josh in that picture!! What a great photo. Praying for you both, as always.

Ger said...

Happy Anniversary! seeing this photo reminds me of the evening you guy's opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate our engagement. You pulled out your wedding album to show us. You both have always pointed us to the Gospel. Still in your journey through this battle you are fighting you are pointing to Christ. I love you both and Thank God for your witness.
Ger.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
I knew my daughter was in good company when she choose this day to be married 5 years ago!
My prayers are with both of you, now and in the future.
Your friend,
Lois {Lambertus}Hicks

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great picture! We are praying for you both each day and will continue to lift you to His loving arms. we love you, sylvia and ralph