Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Trip to the Oncologist

I have typed and erased this entry a number of times. Now I am going to say it, I think it is crazy that insurance companies have 30days to give you an insurance card when you change insurances! Having worked several years in a doctor's office I know a few of the ins and outs and it's not always pretty.... OK now I feel better. We did get my insurance numbers 2 hours before my oncologist appt. We had prayed for days and God answered in time for me to get my referral etc. When will I learn??

You know you're old when your cancer doctor looks about 20. We had a good appt. We are waiting for a genetic test on my lobes to determine the course of treatment. One thing we know is I will be taking a hormonal pill for 5 years. In 10 days the results will help make the decision about chemo.

I just wanted to say that I have a wonderful husband. He has always been my best friend. We have had some very sobering times. We have also had some crazy times of laughter about the nuttiness and the mundane. The dog and the stuffed animals who "talk" add to the comic relief.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey nancy, good to hear from you! having known you and dan for eons, it's been a pleasure to watch you walk through life together.

love to rocky and rocky
judi

Lezlie Andrew said...

Hello Dan & Nancy! You guys don't know me. My husband, Jeremy, has had the privilege of speaking to Dan about Ireland recently. I came across your blog and just wanted to let you know that Jeremy & I are praying for you both.

Peace like a river,
Lezlie

Monica said...

Praise, Jesus. We miss you, Dan and Nancy. :-)

Rebecca said...

Seriously. I worked for a PPO network for a while...and then a local health insurance company. It's ridiculous.

I agree with the doctor thing - it's weird when doctors look younger than ME! :)

Love and prayers to you both!
xo