Friday, January 4, 2008

Good News Confirmed!

As I mentioned last night the extra 48 hour wait for pathology report proved to be one of the more difficult legs of our journey so far. Waiting is hard, especially when you are already worn out. Today that delay ended with our appointment with the surgeon.



Dr. Newman removed the drain from Nancy after confirming that we had caught Nancy's cancer at an early stage. I took the following notes: "margins clear, nodes negative, stage 1" and "Best news we could have hoped for given what we knew going in."



The news has brought a flood of emotion. We know that there is much work yet to do, including a visit to the oncologist January 8. Treatment decisions still await us. And I want to share some of the internal battles of the last week at a later time.



But for now, let me echo our KJ's text response to our news:
"Yay! Praise the Lord!"

10 comments:

words and streets said...

awesome! so glad to hear it. this is really good news. may you have a restful weekend! love, allie s.

tea88 said...

Amen--praise Jesus.

Unknown said...

yay, praise the Lord is right, KJ! so very glad to hear the good news!!! i was working at WHM on wednesday when you were seeing the doctor and i kept wondering, how are they doing, how are they doing...

i hope this week-end is restful and peaceful for you.
love
judi

Harpur's said...

what a HUGE praise!!!!!
we'll continue to lift you up in prayer. God is good - ALL the time!! love, "neighbor"

Ron Lusk said...

Great to hear. Praise Him for His kindness to His people.

CS said...

So happy to hear this. Andras and others here who know you keep asking about you and pray for you.

Mary said...

What relief you must be feeling. I know that tears of joy must have flowed yesterday as they did for me getting this same news from my Mom's surgeon. I remember thinking "what grace". I also remember thinking that I deserve worse than cancer for what I've done and God has been soooooooo good.
Awesome that the drain is out. My Mom had it for weeks, that darn thing. We hated it.
Praying for continued healing and faith.
Luv,
Mary

KJ said...

love you guys lots! love God more! miss being with you.

lukedavid said...

thats great! i'll be praying for you through your follow-up,
luke

Rebecca said...

Wonderful news!!! Praise Jesus!!

Still praying...
Rebs