Monday, June 30, 2008

Scan Complete

Well, we made it through this day with limited discomfort. Nancy was able to bring the barium home and drink it here, rather than hang around the waiting room for 2 hours sipping chalk. She came home and fixed us some eggs for brunch. This was the first meal she had cooked for us in weeks. That's the funny thing, the outward signs encourage us, but we have no way of knowing what the high tech images have revealed.

So, now we wait to see Dr. Nordlinger day after tomorrow, and as Wendy mentioned in her comment on yesterday's post, we ask ourselves the question, "Do I trust God?" These are the days when faith is not the stuff of academic discourse, but the path of survival. Tonight I found myself thinking about the first question in the Heidelberg Catechism:

What is your only comfort in life and death?

That I am not my own,but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with His precious blood, and has set me free from all the power of the devil. He also preserves me in such a way that without the will of my heavenly Father not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, all things must work together for my salvation.Therefore, by His Holy Spirit He also assures me of eternal life and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for Him.
We are thankful for our partners in faith who wait with us to see what direction HE will take us as he works all things out for our salvation.

4 comments:

Harpur's said...

Hi neighbors!
I have been mindful of you through this day and continually lifting you up in prayer. Thank you so much for bearing your souls to us through this journey. It is truly such a testimony of your walk with Jesus. I know that you will always be able to say "It is well with my soul" no matter what the future holds. My personal prayer is that God will heal you, strengthen you, and fill you with amazing peace.
I love you dearly, neighbor.

CS said...

Thankful for the immediate encouraging answer to the first of your prayer request for yesterday - that Nancy was able to drink the barium AND fix lunch -- who have thought of adding that?! Love you guys. Praying for good results and perfect peace.

domandkat said...

As we have been, we will continue in prayer for healing for you.

Nina Yenchko said...

Praying for both tonight - that you will sleep the sleep of children and wake up with smiles on your faces - somehow knowing in a new and fresh way that your Abba is with you.