Monday, June 2, 2008

A&O Monday

I was able to spend the day with our eleven missionary candidates today, as we begin our A&O week. This quarterly event is a highpoint of my work year. We have a great group on hand, and I gave my usual "birth of WHM talk" and helped to run some team building exercises. The Sending Center team are picking up the slack on most of my other A&O duties. I am thankful for their wonderful partnership.

Meanwhile, Nancy got some good time with her brother Rick. She is surely resting better at home. Tomorrow we go in to see her oncologist. Those visits are faith challenges these days. Pray for us to see the Sovereign Hand of God on the events unfolding around us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to my SIMA friends of long ago! I read in the Herrons' prayer letter of the new challenge of your lives, and wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. May God's loving arms give you great assurance of His love during these challenging days.

Shirley McLean (MTW)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan & Nancy, I hope you and Jane (and Andrea) have a good visit eventhough it's short. You have many, many people praying for God's Presence and strength during this very painful time. He's with you and we stand with you in prayer.

Jack Lankhorst

Anonymous said...

Dear Dan and Nancy,

Praying for a good visit at the oncologists' office. Ben, Luke, Emma, Oivia and I are praying for you both every day. Praying for healing, and that you would feel the Lord's presence at every moment.

Alan and rose