Wednesday, June 25, 2008

post chemo fevers and post vacaction fotos

The fever has been a little high tonite. Peaked to 101 before we began to get it down with Advil, extra fluids ice and turning the bedroom air conditioner up. However, it's important to keep this thing down over the next 24 hours if we are to avoid a trip up to the hospital. Pray that things settle down for us.

Meanwhile, we wanted to share some shots from our time away last week's time at the shore.






Relaxing on the deck was nice , but the pedal surrey rides with our grand kids have become a highlight of our Avalon vacations.

3 comments:

josh said...

For the record, I had no idea what I was getting into with the surrey ride. Dad's over confidence with the navigation did little to calm my spirits.

But it turned out to be a hit. I'll never doubt the surrey again.

Ger said...

Hi Dan and Nancy,
I was reminded recently that as you write a blog, it is often a mystery as to who is reading it and when. Ger and I continue to read, pray and remember you. We're sitting in Marlene's apartment in Charleston enjoying conversation. It's nearly 1:00 am. We had a wonderful meal and are pleasantly sleepy. We wanted to check in and say hi before retiring. Marlene is beginning her bed time rituals and Sarah and Sean are snoozing. Ger is waiting for updates as I type.
WE LOVE YOU! We continue to believe the Gospel and that He is very good. We pray and hold to His promises for you as we do for ourselves. May your night and day be peaceful. We'll write or phone soon and will continue to pray.
Wendy

Mom said...

Hi, Dan and Nancy.. we just had our 43rd anniversary.. how blessed we are to be together all these years.. and looking at you two, I'm so incredibly happy that you have had that privilege too.. Your gentleness and love for Nancy make me cry.. I know Johnny and I have that kind of love as well.. Jesus has been such an incredible friend to give us to one another. Thanks for the blog entries.. we groan for you two.. with groans that can't be expressed.
Love, Becky Long.. in London