Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday


Last Saturday nite I had dinner with women from New Life who have been treated for cancer. This was a wonderful faith building time for me to be with some who have walked before me.

I know for sure I will be losing my hair and having other side effects. This is scary but exciting at the same time. You may wonder why in the world would I think losing my hair is exciting. The scary part was considering getting my hair shaved off before tomorrow. I decided not to. I did buy a wig today thanks to Susan Traylor driving me as we toured parts unknown to end up finding a great wig shop very close to home.
Back to the exciting part of this journey:
I believe that God redeems everything. He has redeemed me from the curse. He has redeemed my soul. He has redeemed brokeness in my childhood, brokeness on the mission field, brokeness as a parent, brokeness in our marriage. He is already using the cancer for His glory. This is exciting!

"Blessed is the man who
trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted
by the water
that sends out its roots by
the stream.
It does not fear when heat
comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of
drought
and never fails to bear
fruit." Jeremiah 17:7,8

2 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

What a beautiful picture of the two of you! I am thankful that you had some encouragement from someone who has walked this path...we are praying for you and Dan. Thanks for sharing about your journey.

Love-
Stacey

KJ said...

thanks for this, mom. you are beautiful.

love.