Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Double Portion


Today we began chemo. The Second Chapter of the War against the unwelcome visitor we detected last fall is under way.

But before we began. Several of our elders came over last night to pray for Nancy and annoint her with oil. It was a sacred, strengthening time.

I have no idea how to measure the impact of this treatment, but it brought deep comfort to us.






Then this morning we went to Abington Hospital to wage chemical warfare against the foe. They found a good vein quickly and she sat in a chair while potentially healing fluid flowed into her body. Meanwhile, I waited by her side with my laptop, doing some writing and planning.


So far tonight she feels a bit funky, but "not too bad." We will see what tomorrow brings, but tonight we are thankful for the successful start of the second round of our fight.

2 comments:

words and streets said...

It seems your family and ours are along a similar journey. I lift you up Nancy. I'm sorry you have to start chemo. Looking forward to seeing you (at some point). We love you. hugs! love, allie s.

grace said...

Nancy,
We prayed for you this morning at Women's Bible Study. We look forward to when you will be able to teach with us again. I also pray for you as I drive by your home to or from work. God gives the strenght necessary for anything, and I am so thankful for your testimony to his working in your lives.
Grace Good