Sunday, December 23, 2007

Toot Toot

Guess I should back the choo-choo up to the station. There is really only one thing I am consistant with, in taking care of myself, and that is my yearly mammogram. Year after year it's the same normal test. This October 29 appointment began and ended routinely. A few days later I received a letter saying please call us to make an appt for another mammogram and ultrasound. In order to have both tests done on the same day I was given Nov.30. Afterwards, I was asked to wait in a little consulting room where they had folders for "fast track" patients. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out something was up. The radiologist doctor came in and compared last years mammogram and the one just taken. I saw it with my own eyes. He told me that it is 95% cancer. It was sort of an out of body experience. I felt numb and fearful. Dreading telling my sweet husband that I had a malignancy in my left breast. My first fearful thought was, will Dan still love me? Then I wondered does God still love me?

I have enjoyed reading Spurgeon's Morning and Evening. "He shall gather the lambs with His arms." Isaiah 40:11. Our good Shepherd has in His flock a variety of experiences. He is impartial in His care for all His sheep, and the weakest lamb is a dear to Him as the most advanced of the flock. He finds weak minds ready to faint and die, He consoles them and renews their strength. What a quick eye He must have to see them all. What a tender heart to care for them all. What a far reaching arm to gather them all. How gently did He gather me to Himself, to His truth, to His blood, to His love.

1 comment:

words and streets said...

Nancy, we are thinking and praying for you. And we love you. You are not forgotten. Thanks to you and Dan for sharing your thoughts and how to pray at this time. Though this Christmas may be different, we pray that its story be made evident every second for you and the family: Emmanuel.
with love,
allie (little allie)