Saturday, June 6, 2009

Graduation Time

Helping a friend prepare to host her daughter's high school graduation party triggered lots of memories. It took me back to leaving Rossville High in 1971. What anticipation, what hope, what fear. The world was about to open up. Where was the journey headed? Who would I walk with? That night I had no idea.

A few weeks ago I graduated from the valley of grief. A new journey has begun. Many new possibilities exist. Many new roads await exploration. Traveling companions are in place. Still, it is thrilling,exhilarating frightening and fun to take these steps. My ultimate comfort is that Jesus still walks with me. The One who is before all things, and in whom all things hold together sets the pace. And He remains the same: yesterday, today and forever. Let's set sail!

No comments: