Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Glory Road

David wrote the following words when he was pursued by King Saul:

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
for in you my soul takes refuge;
in the shadow of your wings
I will take refuge
until the destroying storms pass
Psalm 57:1

There have been moments of living out these words during our journey. Sometimes we just had to rest in HIM while the storm raged. In such a stormy season we found that HE was always merciful. That mercy kept HIS purposes for us intact. It included taking care of us for our good.

There has always been a deeper purpose accomplished through HIS rescue and reconciliation. That purpose led David to cry out:

"Be exalted, O God, above the the heavens.
Let your glory be over all the earth."
(verse 11)

Our journey was always meant to bring HIM fame. As hard as it was Nancy and I believed that HIS fame was spreading to others as the storm raged on.

Now I prepare to walk in a more pleasant plain. I walk with others. It is good to walk this smooth path just now. Nevertheless, I/we will walk for HIS glory whether through blue skies or stormy weather.

No comments: