Tuesday, April 22, 2008

All Sufficient

Looking in the mirror shows me my broken body. Before my chemo, I bought a wig and a couple of hats to wear. Yesterday I purchased a well fitting prosthesis that helps me feel and look more normal. Did these outward things change this broken vessel? From the outside they have changed my appearance. On the inside, in my heart, I struggle. This path has not been an easy one for me. I rejoice that my chemo treatments are finished. I rejoice that I am physically feeling better everyday. So what do I have to complain about? Nothing really. I do know that I daily have a choice to make. Do I believe the lies of satan that God has failed me. Or do I rejoice in the all sufficient grace of God. As for His failing me, I would never dream of it. I hate the thought. My heavenly Father who has been sufficient until now, should be trusted forever!

4 comments:

Procrastination said...

I am awed and inspired by your courage, bravery and passion for the Lord. You may feel as if your body is 'broken' but your heart is filled with the Lord, and that is all people can see. Stay steadfast, our prayers are with you and all your family!

(And your grandchilren are adorable!)

The Fisher's

KJ said...

amen. thanks momma-lu

CS said...

Oh, go ahead and complain, Nancy! Gee whiz, with all your going through? "Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur and He will hear my voice. He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me".(Ps 55:17,18) He can bear your complaints and your voicing them doesn't mean you believe Him any less. Sorry, don't mean to preach. Just don't want you to feel that you can't say, "This is a total drag," to God or to the people around you.

domandkat said...

AMEN, Chase! AMEN